P13-Hand Painted African Woman Lady Girl Oil on Canvas Painting Yellow Kissing Flower
• Handmade item
• Condition: New
• All paintings are 100% hand painting
• Colour: multi
• Height: 40cm
• Width: 30cm
• Applicable places: home decoration, hotel, office, restaurant, cafes, living room, study, bedroom, dining room, resort, gallery, hallway, aisle, leisure club, etc.
• Materials: oil, oil paints, paint, oils, canvas
A brief history of Benin Arts and Crafts
- Long before Nigeria was a country or the continent was called Africa, the Benin Empire stood tall in it’s glory and wealth.
- Benin City was renowned for it’s arts and culture, producing arguably the finest art of sub-Saharan Africa.
- In 1555, after the loss of his beloved mother, Queen Mother Idia, Oba Esigia commissioned royal carvers at the Palace to create a bronze piece that would live on forever in her place, putting the Benin arts in the spotlight.
- For centuries, Benin produced a plethora of bronze art and carvings, depicting exploits and narratives that would make it the cynosure of global attention.
- In 1897, when Benin was invaded by the British Naval forces, the priceless artworks were looted and taken to be displayed in cultural institutions around the world. The British museum holds around 700 Benin objects, the greatest of which is a brass head of a queen and an ivory pendant mask
NB:Comes with and without frame
if you want it on a frame contact me to discuss shipment if you are not local,
for customers that are local, i can deliver it with frame for almost free
Happy shopping! #Africanart #oilpainting #canvasart #africanwoman #africanportraits #africanpainting #britishpainter #etsy #etsyseller #portraitpainting #figurestudy #vividcolors #artwork #artdaily #drawing #painting #artists #artwork #artlife #etsyshop #photoshoot #artstudio #photography #decor #homedecor #abstractart #artexhibition #paintersofinstagram #simplepainting #abstractart